Thursday, November 15, 2012

YUM.

Chick-fil-A invited us to try their Chicken Nugget tray.

If Chick-fil-A invites me to do anything, I'm game. Let's face it. I love Chick-fil-A. Here are the reasons why it wins over the local fast food joint, every time (bulleted, for your pleasure):


  • The super clean play place. I don't have to worry whether there are used hypodermic needles in the ball bit (there isn't a ball pit) or whether my 7 year old just contracted a now-extinct deadly disease thanks to the vomit in the kiddie slide.  
  • The girl who comes around and asks my tired, bedraggled self if I'd like refills on my Diet Dr. Pepper while my children fight over whose placemat is whose (yes, they provide placemats that stick to the table - AWESOME) and throw spit wads in her general direction. Still, she wears a smile.
  • The other hostess who CARRIED MY CAR SEAT OUT TO THE CAR when Phoebe was first born.
  • The Chick-fil-A employee training video that literally makes me cry every time I watch it.
  • The free mints (who doesn't love a free mint?).


Anyway, when we got them, the nuggets were cold and ready to be reheated. We picked them up at 11:45 AM, which means that the hordes were hungry. Even when the hordes are hungry, they're picky. When Asher asked me if he could have one on the way home, I was skeptical.

Asher breaking into some Costco apples he found in the trunk

makes my lips do a happy dance
super easy instructions





I threw one in the back seat, and..."Wow, Mom! This is good! It's not heated up any, but it's still good! Can I have more?"

The babies soon followed suit. Chicken nuggets were rolling out of the car as we drove - heck, they were probably coming out of the tail pipe.

I ate 5 of them by the time we got home, and promptly emailed Scott and told him, "Guess what we're having for dinner?"

We did indeed have them for dinner, and this time I actually followed the directions and heated them up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

stock photo of the kids watching something cook

They were a HIT! Gone in 57 seconds, they were. I loved how easy the nuggets were to have with a tossed feta cheese salad, Strawberry compote, and tete a tete for dessert.

OK. Who the heck am I kidding? I served them with a jumbo bag of baby carrots, some apple slices, and nothing for dessert.



STILL A HIT!

I guess what I'm trying to say to my 12 readers is that you should try Chick-fil-A's chicken nuggets. The nice guy who gives them to you will even offer to bring them out to your car. That's service! These are also great with the brownie tray and a big honkin' jug of lemonade for your neighborhood Christmas party.

I'm warning you, though, your neighbors might not ever leave.

So. Nuggets gone. Reheated VERY nicely after given to us cold at the restaurant. I highly recommend! YUM!

And, because you've read this long, you get to see a picture of me, just because my hair looks good here:

Moral of the story: Chick-fil-A nuggets make an amazing staple for a gourmet, or not-so-gourmet, meal.

The babies are playing with Play-Doh in the middle of the living room floor and I will not name names, but someone is squirting around with a bottle of water. I must go, but I leave you with this. If it doesn't make you think happy thoughts, I don't know what is wrong with you:



5 comments:

Thoughts for the day said...

We don't have those in Oregon. too bad or I might try one.

Athena Collins said...

I seriously wish we had one closer! The nearest one is an hour away :( Now that I read this I NEED some!!!
Hello my friend, how are you?? It has been way too long, but I'm back--"from outerspace" ;) Talk to you soon!

Megan@TrueDaughter said...

We love chick fil a! My sister had it for her rehearsal dinner!Nuggets are always a huge hit with the kiddos!

Andrea said...

I can't eat their nuggets anymore because I'm gluten free now, but this week we made a copy cat version of their nuggets. They were great! And, I was able to make them gluten free. Yum!

Kylee said...

Just found you through Foster2Forever's blog hop! I just had to chime in...I LOVE chick-fil-a. If it's possible to love it too much, I do. Their nuggets and waffle fries with chick-fil-a sauce are irresistible to me!

Happy Wednesday!