Tuesday, September 6, 2011

'scuse me, Ma'am, your underwear is showing

Yesterday I was minding my own business with my girls (you don't know how I love saying that, every chance I get) when this 30-something year old man comes up to me and says, "Excuse me, ma'am, I don't mean to be rude, but I can see your undies through your dress."

?!

First of all, even as a woman, if I could see another woman's underwear through her dress, I wouldn't point it out to her. I'd let her go home and have a come-to-Jesus with the bedroom mirror and figure it out for herself. The fact that this guy WALKED AWAY FROM WHERE HIS FAMILY WAS STANDING to tell me he could see my underwear really freaked me the heck out.

I think I was so shocked that I just looked at him and told him thank you, went into the bathroom, and wrapped a baby blanket around my waist. You COULD see a hint of my underwear line, so I guess he was right. But something tells me I wasn't the first woman he told about their undergarments.

I would imagine it goes something like this in his mind: "Pantyline at 2 o'clock!" "Erm...just a minute, wife, 2 year old and newborn child, I've got a civic duty to complete."

Ew.

My mother in law thinks he got a little giddy being able to tell me, if you know what I mean. Yes, I consulted with her on this.

Of course, after the fact, I can think of 9 million comebacks. I write better than I talk:

1. "Wow, what a creepy thing to say."
2. "Did you tell your wife you noticed?"
3. "Why do you care so much?"
4. "Again: wow, what a creepy thing to say."

Anyway, I had to blog just to tell you about the creepy guy at Target.

10 comments:

blog nerd said...

Well you know, with a toddler and a recently born baby, I'm thinking he probably has to take his jollies where he can get 'em.

Cole said...

Ewwww is right! What a creep! You needed one more girl with you (ME) to tell him about himself!

Leah (The Kind Weight Watcher) said...

What a creeper!

TiAnna Mae said...

Yeah, that's creepy because #1: He's a man and #2: Since he's saying your underwear can be seen through your dress, there's typically nothing you can do about it. I only point out things that people can do something about. For instance, wearing low rise jeans with your underwear showing, boogers in nose, etc etc.

Majestic said...

Excuse me sir, I can see the creep through your face.

Michelle said...

Eeeww,eeewww,eeewww!!!!

gretchen from lifenut said...

Icky man.

My Fam-i-Lee said...

I've noticed that many men don't really realize when they are being creepy. However, this guy, he knows, he just doesn't care. run away!!

Thoughts for the day said...

That was way too weird, I hope you never have to see him again.
What a strange incident.

Sheila said...

"Thanks for noticing! I wear the same pair everyday until someone notices something about them. Now I can change them! It's been over a month for this pair!"

"I can see you've brought a banana with you for lunch."

"I ran out of my Depends briefs!"

"How did you happen to notice my underwear?"