Saturday, August 7, 2010

record screeching

Yesterday I made the fasion error of wearing a white halter top with a pink camisole underneath.

Yeah.

It looked about as good as you're thinking.

I drove to a friend's house. I went to high school with her husband, and she and I have become fast friends.

She was nursing her baby and I said the very first thing that popped into my head, which was, "Wow! Your boobs are huge!"

I have a fascination with huge boobs because, well, I don't have them.

In fact, when I got home last night my husband said, "Nice uni-boob."

Anyway, we were in her bedroom and I was looking at a wedding picture of my friends. He is my age and she is 5 years younger, and she's also those people who will be 50 and look 35.

Before I knew what was happening, my mouth upened up and I said (in a fake British accent, no less), "There's Tommy and his child bride!"

*insert record screeching here*

She started laughing and he said, "WHAT did she say?"

She repeated it and he kind of laughed and said, "Wow," like he couldn't believe I said it.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

When I first met my in-laws (The very first time), we were all drinking wine and they said they went to lots of wine tastings. I said,

"I think that's a great activity for older people. But what happens when your taste buds wear out? Do you still enjoy wine?"

Oh, and that was BEFORE I FELL UP THEIR STAIRS on the way to the bathroom.

Scott says his favorite thing about me is that I make him laugh and he never knows what will fly out of my mouth.

I think I'm turning into one of those people past their prime...like the 40 year old football star who still attends the high school parties.

Cute when you're 18, weird when you're 31.

5 comments:

Cole said...

LOL!!! Thanks, I needed that!

You're timeless, Baby!! You'll never go out of style!! That is hi-larious...

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

Losing your taste buds is nothing. Just make sure you never lose your sense of humor. :)

quinnley said...

OMG you are the best!

Lauren said...

I thought the child bride thing was funny - not offensive! Hope he didnt take it that way. He should feel good that he ended up with someone five years younger. And I would expect you're not the first one to tease. Dont be too hard on yourself if he was over-sensetive!

Lauren said...

I meant sensitive... geez!