Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the church

Last night was another good class. Lots to think about, and lots to process.

So, we got into a discussion, Scott and I, about something a friend of mine said. She said that if more people in the church adopted or took those in need into their homes, maybe adoption wouldn't cost so much. Maybe there wouldn't be so many hoops to jump through.

And then I told Scott that, and he said, "Well, I don't think you can blame it all on the church. The church is a lot smaller than it used to be, and the church isn't equipped to deal with those things."

"But can't the people in the church do more than they're doing? Aren't the people in the church what we call the church?"

I think we were playing a semantics game, but it's an interesting thought.

We also talked in the class about how if something doesn't seem easy, people don't want to do it. We live in a very "me" oriented society.

This post got me thinking about it, too...

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Cole said...

I'm with you. The church is made up of the people in it. I don't go to admire the new sinks and toilets, I go for worship and fellowship. =)

I LOVE the link as well!! What gorgeous children!!!