Thursday, July 22, 2010

He is good.

I am bursting with news, but the kids want to go swimming and I must oblige.

How far you have taken me, Lord. You are so good... I see it every day, I have seen it, even through the pain, but sometimes I just didn't want to admit it.

I got two separate pregnancy announcements yesterday from dear, dear friends. And I genuinely feel excited and so thrilled for my friends. And you know what's weird? There wasn't the "sad for me" that usually accompanies such announcements.

I have been down a bitter and sad road...and there are bitter and sad days to come, I'm sure. But I can see the clouds parting.

I remember my friend telling me that there came a point when pregnancy announcements didn't bother her anymore...when she didn't even have a desire to be pregnant. She told me this over a churro and Coke at Costco and I didn't believe her.

I do now.

6 comments:

Kathy McC said...

Wonderful news and that you have reached this point. Amazing how much about life you can learn with a churro and coke.

I don't get upset over pregnancy stuff anymore, really. And now that I am done with having kids, I can say with confidence that I don't have any desire to go back to that place in my life ever again.

Now I want a churro.

Lizzie said...

I'm just home from Costco and had to check in to say: HA!

P.S. When are you going to bring the kids swimming with us?

Michelle said...

such hope you have given me with this post.

Amanda said...

I love love love this post. And I'm bursting to know what news you're bursting with!

Claire said...

Me too!! Also want to hear the news!!

Sara said...

He IS good. And I know what you mean about not believing your friend. I didn't think it was possible either. :o) Can't wait to hear your news!