Saturday, May 22, 2010

downpour

God is leading our family in a different direction...a direction we wouldn't have gone had the past 3 pregnancy losses not happened.

I can't help but be excited, though I know there is lots ahead of us. I guess I'm excited because I know a new chapter is opening...and I know that through lots of prayer and giving it over and over and over again, God will make something beautiful out of it.

Yeah, crazy, right? There is so much crazy in the world, and little Ben Ricketts and his situation has made me realize again and again how little we have control over. I heard of another family who lost their 10 day old to a sudden high fever in August and their 4.5 year old a few days ago to a fall.

And yet, and yet...there has to be a reason for it all. I refuse to believe that all of the suffering in the universe is mindless, devoid of deity-driven direction.

If I believed it were mindless, there would be no reason for me to live, to breathe, to direct little lives in a way I believe to be right.

Sometimes clarity comes to us in the midst of the downpour. Through the tears, we see different outs, different options.

And they are more beautiful than anything we could have dreamt possible.

11 comments:

Kiki said...

I'm excited for your different options! I can't wait to support your family as you go through a new journey! s

Mary said...

OK....are you going to keep us all dangling about the "new direction?"
There is only so much waiting an aunt can do!!!! Am praying.....for whatever it is!!

marcia said...

Excited for you, Rach! Can't wait till you are ready and able to share more of what is going on...but I know you will in the right time and place.

Renae said...

Can't wait to hear what these new options are! And praying for you as you journey forth! xoxo

Krista said...

Thank you for sharing this. I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear your new options and I will be praying for you.

Kristy said...

praying...love you

quinnley said...

Yeah, why don't you leave us in suspense a little more, Rach???? :)

Renee said...

Amen! Beautifully said.

korin said...

what's funny, is that one day, you'll wake up and take a snapshot and realize it WAS what you were dreaming all along. <3

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Just dropping in to say I love your writing and I am cheering you on where your journey is taking you too! :)

Julie said...

hmm, very curious and very excited for you all!