1. Have the people moving into your house waiting in their truck on the street while you and 9 of your closest family members run around, trying to fit 3 square blocks of stuff into a 26 foot truck, in 30 minutes.
2. Have the people moving into your house leave their cats in your basement. Then, have your sister in law's nephew tell you that one of the cats has escaped.
Watch your husband FREAK THE HECK OUT.
3. Tell the people moving into your house your life story, while they puff lazily on cigarettes.
4. Introduce the people moving into your house to all of the neighbors. (Hear your husband groan, however inaudibly.)
5. Try to find a place for the spoons and spatulas, and have your daughter ask you, "Mommy, where are you putting the spanking spoons?" It's all about perspective.
6. Forget the utensils so everyone has to eat KFC sides with their hands. (Remind yourself to purposely forget the utensils next time, just to watch this again.)
7. Wear your kids out so splendidly that they curl up in the fetal position on the new house's hall floor.
8. Don't change your children's diapers for seven hours, so that they actually have to beg you for new Huggies.
9. Take too much time wiping out the freezer at the old house so that your husband has to usher you out the door and tell you that new memories will be made at the new house.
10. Feed the kids popsicles in the front yard, look up and down the street, take a reallydeepbreathandswallowtears.
11. Wonder what the heck you are doing.
12. Fall in love with your new place, revel in the "oohs" and "aahs" of your family.
13. Revel in this chaotic, hectic moment. Breathe it in. Thank God He gave you these wonderful, imperfect people, with huge hearts and strong arms to help you celebrate.
(Celebrating is moving boxes, did you know?)
13. Lie wide awake next to your very tired husband in your new master bedroom under a new ceiling fan.
Watch the moonlight dripping down the walls and onto your toes.
14. Let the smile overtake your face.