Thursday, October 2, 2008

pray for Nathan

One of my dear friends here in my town, S, was one of the greatest supports of mine during my pregnancy with Lucy. S is one of those friends everyone needs. She was so excited about Lucy and her arrival even when I had a hard time being happy, she sent me cards and notes and flowers and showered me with goodness. She would call me just to check up on me, asking how things were progressing, just encouraging me. She is a gem!

Yesterday she and her husband went to the 20-week ultrasound for their third baby, a little boy they have named Nathan.

I know what it feels like to be in that ultrasound room, and to have the tech be very quiet, and to start crying and to know that the news is not good.

Their baby boy has a heart defect, and they are meeting with a pediatric cardiologist as well as a perinatologist ASAP.

Could you please pray for sweet Nathan , his parents, and his two big brothers? My heart is so heavy for them today. If you have gone through being told your baby is not normal, you can imagine what S and her husband are going through. Everything ranging from, "Is my baby going to die?" to "This has to all be a really bad dream," to "We're not strong enough for this."

PLEASE pray for Nathan and his family!

I will keep you posted.

6 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Whoa! Praying! I can imagine heart heaviness with such news. I am so sorry! Please keep us updated...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this, Rachel! I love you!

Sarah

Rebecca Batey Fradin said...

Big, huge prayers headed their way.

Of course my heart hurts for them and everything they are going through. But, I'm excited for them as well because they will find out just how strong they are...they will experience love and support they never knew could exist...and they will appreciate every single second, every detail of life as they never have before.

There are plenty of us who know all too well how faulty these ultrasounds and tests can be. I truly hope Sarah becomes yet another mom who says, "We had the scare of our lives, but everything ended up being just fine. Silly doctors!"

And if not, I'm thankful she has a friend like you - one who has been there - to support her.

My best to you all,
becca

gretchen from lifenut said...

Oh, no. I am sorry to hear your friend and her family are facing a scary diagnosis. I'll say a prayer for little Nathan and everyone who loves him already.

Marcy said...

They are in my prayers!

Christy said...

Praying for Nathan