- the state of the economy
- the prospect of the Taliban deciding to start suicide bombing American cities
- Obama's decisions about the Born Alive infant protection act (where babies who survived abortion are allowed to be murdered - nice, right?)
- the gang violence in the heart of my city
- child predators
- the fact that American schools are rated 21st in the world
- our taxes going up
- the government bailout-turned-crap-sandwich
- evil men seeming to prosper (and then reading Ecclessiastes, I read that that has always been true. Nothing new under the sun!)
Things I can control:
- deciding to go in the backyard and play with my kids
- making sure Lucy has a healthy snack for preschool
- getting a family devotional book at the bookstore while Lucy is at preschool, and a new Bible for her. Scott and I decided last night we need to be more intentional about studying the Bible with the kids daily, or it just won't happen!
- showing others the grace God has shown me
- getting ready for Good News Club this afternoon
- the cleanliness of my house
- knowing that those who love God and follow Him rest in the center of His will.
2 Timothy 1:9
"God has saved us and called us to a holy life - not because of anything we have done, but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given to us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time!"
My new mantra:
It's not my job to worry. I want God to transform that part of my life to something controlled by the spirit. It is my job to live a life marked by an attitude of servanthood and love for others. I'd better stop worrying and start with showing that to those closest to me!